Some questions and suggest ;)

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 11, 2006 at 6:37 AM
first,congratulates for your awesome jobs.Great,i have to say,:)

and,i have little problem or suggest to say.emmm..have you see the project named "Drawing Custom Borders in Windows Forms " on this CodePlex site?

i think in some way it's better than yours design ,(maybe your are working on those now,sorry to say that).

first,"Drawing Custom Borders in Windows Forms"(for short i call it "CustomWindow") have visualable editer to change controls' looklike,like border caption,button's color size,form,thought limited,but i think it's a good way to develop that make the skin or UI separate form code,funtion.It can encourage people to design more themes for others.
Of course,i believe yours ThemeKit have potential to make this happen and ever better.:)

second,is there some DOC refence for us to use it quickly??

third,if i create a new form inherit from ThemeKitForm,and select one theme file like "WLM",it apply,ok.but i can't make it back to orgin form lookslike ever.Does it stord in some place i cant change it? do you have think how to resolve that?

at last,i want to say,yours work really nice ,hope it will be the Super!~~

reference
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2006 at 7:40 PM
ThemeKit began as a set of controls with only one style, and then became a set of controls allowing themes with xml files, and then zipped themes containing images etc. It has changed a lot since it began and the code wasn't originally designed with this in mind. Therefore, there are a lot of things that could be done better.

I have seen the custom border form project, in fact that project helped me to understand how to draw in a forms non-client area when I first began work on ThemeKit. I haven't checked on it in quite some time, but last time I checked it only themed a form, not the controls on the form. That is primarily why ThemeKit was created.

As for a visual editor, I did start work on a theme editor (download the source and see), however it hasn't been updated for the most recent changes to ThemeKit, and so it doesn't currently work.

There are a lot of changes I would like to make to ThemeKit (starting by modifying the theme loading code and making things a lot tidier), however I find myself with little time to make the changes in... Hopefully I'll get some time to begin improving things over the weekend.
Dec 20, 2006 at 7:26 AM
when can we see the theme editer?my lord~~....wait and wait :)
Developer
Dec 20, 2006 at 9:07 PM
The Theme Editors source is packaged with ThemeKits source, take a look ;)
Dec 23, 2006 at 3:21 AM
but i didn't saw any update in download place?
what i say -"Theme edit"-means can edit the skin quickly not must to work with code~

and your last version update in "Oct 29 at 12:40 AM",it seems doesn't work.

:) could you tell me where is it,if i wrong.
Dec 23, 2006 at 3:24 AM
oh yeah, almost forgot to say,
Happy Chrismas,burty89 jsanders and Antwan ,yeah~!thanks your work

^_*

Dec 25, 2006 at 11:16 AM
I have some questions about form's background.
the WLM theme form background seems like a image,and i check the xml file in .WLM file,but the node "NormalBackground3" seems background picture is "Decoration.png",right? but i checked the png image,it seems totally transparent and empty.but why it doesn't looklike in exe background anyway.

I'm so confused,how does your work? :( could you tell me.where to make it happen?

look forward to hear from you,thank you
Developer
Dec 31, 2006 at 3:03 PM
Decoration.png looks empty in Windows, if you import it into Photoshop, etc and add a black background you will see the decoration.

All the decoration is, is the faded lines going down the Form Window, if you remove it you'll see what I mean. We did have it coded in, but it was glitching so we resorted to a graphic.

The whole form is programmed in except the small decorative lines.

I don't exactly understand what you want to make work. The form isn't transparent the png file is and is just laid over the top of the Windows Form thats created by the ThemeKit skin.